Hello everyone! I am finally on break for Thanksgiving, and I am so happy about it. I finally get a bit of a break to see family and relax. Well, kind of relax. I will still have to do work, but I have all weekend to do it. Plus, I might actually enjoy the work I have to do.
Anyway, I decided to upload a Thanksgiving break to-do list. At the end of break, I’ll follow up with what I did.
I can’t believe it is already fall. It should still be the beginning of summer! Honestly, I am not ready for fall weather. I don’t like cold weather, but I made a bucket list in hopes of making the best of it.
Fall: September 23 – December 21
After fall season is over, I am going to post the end result of how many of these I got done. Hopefully all of these will be crossed out!
This is going to be an update on my life from the first two weeks of school. My first two weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotion.
On August 24, I packed everything up in my car (forgetting some important things like my coffee maker), and I moved back into my dorm room at school. Honestly, I don’t mind living in a dorm. It’s a whole lot quieter than being at home. Although I do miss my animals. Sometimes it gets lonely. I have suite mates (so we share a bathroom), but I do not that a roommate because I paid for a private dorm.
I was really nervous to start school this year because I heard some negative things about a couple of the classes I was taking. Attending the classes have slightly eased my worry about them. I know one will be slightly difficult, but I’ve had this teacher enough to know what he wants on his tests. The other class has a different (better) teacher than previously. He’s actually one of my favorite teachers, and I think he’s going to make this class somewhat enjoyable. I also had concerns about an English class. Previous English classes I have taken have been somewhat boring. The teachers were good, but the material wasn’t interesting to me. I have a short attention span so something has to be interesting to keep me from going “squirrel!” every five seconds. Obviously not literally, but hopefully you understand what I am referring to.
Then there was Labor Day Weekend – which was super fun because my family and I went to Illinois for a family reunion.
We do this every year, and I honestly love it because I get to see family I literally only see during Labor Day Weekend. Most of my family went for the whole week, but since I had school responsibilities, I could only go for the weekend.
We mostly just all caught up with one another, ate really good food and played corn hole. If you don’t know what cornhole is – bless your heart.
On Sunday, my grandpa drove me back to my dorm (because he also picked me up). I didn’t do anything for the rest of the holiday except play “Detroit Become Human.”
My second week of classes were not too bad, but procrastination has already taken a hold of my life. I did all of my homework the day it was due.
I’m not going to life. My anxiety has been awful. On Wednesday, I almost had a panic attack. Over the weekend, my grandpa was kind enough to bring me my coffee maker since I left it at his house. Well on Wednesday, I was actually motivated to make a new YouTube video of me trying instant coffee for the first time.
As I was getting my coffee maker out of the box, the coffee pot fell off and shattered on my floor.
Interesting fact about me: glass shattering gives me really bad anxiety.
I don’t know why it does, but it does to the extent I was almost have a full-blown panic attack. If you don’t know what anxiety can feel like (for others it could be different): shaking, numb, can’t breathe, heart racing.
That’s what was happening to me.
Luckily, I was able to calm down somewhat, but I still felt and uneasy feeling for the majority of the day.
I did end up buying a new coffeemaker and the YouTube video should be up within the next few weeks.
That same day, however, I started catching what I thought was a cold. I come to find out it was just really bad sinuses. I could barely function. It was terrible. It took me a week to finally start getting over it.
Finally, September 9 was my birthday. I am officially 22 years old. It honestly does not feel like I am 22. I mean, I looked like I’m 16 and sometimes I act like it too.
Those are how my last two weeks have been like. I’ve left stuff out like how I’ve been obsessed with Tik Tok here lately – probably because I literally have no close friends at school. (You can add me on there @ kelliyoung42). Also, I’ve taken a break from working out, but I hope to start back now that I feel better than I did.
I hope you have a great day! More posts should be coming soon!
We try to have family reunions every year. I decided to video just a tiny bit of it. Mostly because I liked my outfit.
Please check out my video! I’d appreciate it. You can also like, comment and subscribe (but only if you want).
I should have another video out soon – either today or tomorrow!
“I love you” is something that is said automatically where I live. After ending a phone call or leaving to go somewhere, “I love you” is always said to a loved one. “Ok, I have to go. Bye, I love you.” *hangs up*
The problem with this is that I am not one to tell how I feel verbally. I feel awkward telling the people I love “I love you.” As soon as someone tells me, I get an anxious feeling in me, and I try to leave or hang up as soon as possible.
But that does not mean that I do not love them.
I show love differently.
I show love in the way I am there when they call me last minute asking for a favor. I show love in the way I smile at them. I show love in the way I put down my phone so I can listen to what they have to say.
I usually show love in actions instead of words.
It does not mean that I do not love someone any less just because it’s hard for me to sometimes tell them how I feel.
I believe as long as someone shows that they love someone – the words shouldn’t matter.
“Actions speak louder than words.”Mark Twain
Hello everyone! I can’t believe that the year is almost over! It’s like it was just yesterday I was enjoying my summer break. I’ve decided that at the beginning of each month I’m going to start doing goals for the month. Down below are my goals for November 2017.
1. Do 6 hours of community service for Sociology class.
2. Have Thanksgiving with my family.
3. Start Coffee Talk with best friend on YouTube.
4. Go to the gym at least 3 times a week.
5. Be more outgoing.
6. Make more friends.
7. Keep up with my school work.
8. Post a blog at least 2 times a week.
9. Take more photogenic photos. (Instagram: @ kyoun42)
10. Continuously do random acts of kindness.
Hello everyone! I’ve realized that I haven’t properly introduced myself so here’s what this post is about! First of all, my name is Kelli and I’m currently 20 years old. I have 10 facts about myself listed below!
1. I am a college student in Tennessee.
2. I love to travel! Every year I usually go to Michigan and Florida for vacation. I would love to travel to more places (as long as I don’t go alone.) Below is a random picture from when I was in Panama City Beach, Florida.
3. I love Harry Potter. I have always loved Harry Potter for as long as I can remember. Last May I actually got to go to the Harry Potter World.. Picture below.
4. I do a variety of things. I love to read, but I also like to play sports. I also like playing video games too. My favorite ones to play are Pokemon, Harry Potter, COD: Ghosts, and The Last of Us.
5. I’m a really shy person until I get to know you. My best friend says that I’m like a completely different person then. I can be very outgoing when I’m comfortable around the people I’m with.
6. I’ve lived in Tennessee my whole life though I am open to moving to a different state if need be for a job. Hopefully if I do move, one of my sisters will be able to come with me.
7. I’m very picky in who I date. I can’t make myself go on a date with someone whom I don’t feel any connection with or I don’t think I could ever feel any connection with.
8. I have 4 siblings, a niece, and a nephew. Sibling wise, I have a little brother and 3 older sisters. My niece and nephew are from one of my older sisters.
9. I have a retainer and I hate it. I’ve had it for years. My teeth would have been straight already if I hadn’t lost/broke 2 retainers already.
10. I have a YouTube channel! My first ever post was actually just about my YouTube channel. I don’t upload much (I’m going to try to get better but I’m just so busy) but you should check it out. I’m going to try to upload a lot more often. It’s just the time to take editing is what hinders me from doing so.