Do you ever have that weird experience where you can’t tell if time went by really fast or really slow? That’s me right now. Part of me is like “oh wow, January is already almost over,” but then another part of me is like “oh wow, it’s ONLY January.”
Anyway, here’s what my January looked like!
My January has been quite interesting. I started an internship (which I love). I am working out again. I’m drinking lots of good coffee and even been meditating.
I want to give an explanation for the last picture. The last picture is (obviously) of my shower (which I share with two suitemates). Last night one of them called me and asked if I knew what happened to the shower head. I asked. “.. what do you mean what happened to the shower head?” I went into the bathroom and it was literally GONE. We don’t know who took it or when. I know it was sometime yesterday between 12 p.m. and 11 p.m. but other than that, we have no idea exactly when or how or WHY.
Posted at 11:24 am by Kelli, on September 24, 2019
I can’t believe it is already fall. It should still be the beginning of summer! Honestly, I am not ready for fall weather. I don’t like cold weather, but I made a bucket list in hopes of making the best of it.
Fall: September 23 – December 21
Carve a pumpkin
Practice ‘halloween’ makeup
Drink pumpkin spice coffee
Watch at least 2 halloween movies
Have a bonfire
Go to homecoming football game
Consistent with working out / meditation
Go hiking at least once
Post at least 4 YouTube videos
Journal at least twice a week
Finish watching “The Originals”
Try something new (coffee, restaurant, food)
Read at least 2 books
Post on WordPress at least once a week
Watch at least 2 Christmas movies
Have Thanksgiving with my family
Do Christmas shopping
Get rid of clothes I don’t wear so I’ll have room for new clothes
After fall season is over, I am going to post the end result of how many of these I got done. Hopefully all of these will be crossed out!
“I love you” is something that is said automatically where I live. After ending a phone call or leaving to go somewhere, “I love you” is always said to a loved one. “Ok, I have to go. Bye, I love you.” *hangs up*
The problem with this is that I am not one to tell how I feel verbally. I feel awkward telling the people I love “I love you.” As soon as someone tells me, I get an anxious feeling in me, and I try to leave or hang up as soon as possible.
But that does not mean that I do not love them.
I show love differently.
I show love in the way I am there when they call me last minute asking for a favor. I show love in the way I smile at them. I show love in the way I put down my phone so I can listen to what they have to say.
I usually show love in actions instead of words.
It does not mean that I do not love someone any less just because it’s hard for me to sometimes tell them how I feel.
I believe as long as someone shows that they love someone – the words shouldn’t matter.
Pinson Mounds State Archaelogical Park has approximately 15 mounds built by Indians. When first discovered, there were believed to be about 30-40 mounds. After some research, some mounds were found to be made from erosion or something similar (not man-made). Some mounds also began disappearing because of the nature of things – fallen trees, water, etc.
It’s crazy to think that Indians made all of these mounds. They gathered dirt in a basket, and they carried it however far to make these mounds. Some hilly places at the park are believed to be the places the Indians gathered the dirt (and sand) from.
The picture above is Tawnie and me in front of the park’s museum – which is built under a mound (so cool!) Before you say anything, yes, I know I look like I am about to go rob a place. The only thing I was thinking when I was putting on my outfit was that I did not want to get eaten by mosquitoes.
The night hike was fun. Learning about the mounds was interesting. They believe that they had used the top of the mounds for burial and ceremonial purposes. They think that there was fire on top of some/most of the mounds.
Side note, one person joked about them maybe doing sacrifices. I 100% believe this could have happened back then. You never know.
In the picture above are a couple of guy friends that came on the hike with us. I took this picture to show how dark it was when we started hiking. Of course, we could still see up close just fine because of all the flashlights, but it was hard to see far out. The hike was from 8:30 to 10 p.m.
The last thing we did was climb on top of Sauls Mound. The picture above was taken on top of it. Sauls Mound is the highest mound. We were eye level with the tallest trees. Steps were built up Sauls Mound, and the total amount of steps is 125.
Climbing up Sauls Mound was by far the most exercise we had the entire hike. I was out of breath by the time I got to the top. I am pretty sure I drunk a whole bottle of water.
Hiking is one of the activities that makes me happy. I have already decided that I was going to go back to Pinson Mounds during the day time so that I could check out the other trails. The one we were on was mostly flat land, but I noticed one trail that was extremely hilly.
I will definitely be blogging about my hikes many times this summer!
Do you like to hike? What outdoor activities do you like to do?
Hello everyone! I can’t believe that the year is almost over! It’s like it was just yesterday I was enjoying my summer break. I’ve decided that at the beginning of each month I’m going to start doing goals for the month. Down below are my goals for November 2017.
1. Do 6 hours of community service for Sociology class.
2. Have Thanksgiving with my family.
3. Start Coffee Talk with best friend on YouTube.
4. Go to the gym at least 3 times a week.
5. Be more outgoing.
6. Make more friends.
7. Keep up with my school work.
8. Post a blog at least 2 times a week.
9. Take more photogenic photos. (Instagram: @ kyoun42)
Hello everyone! I’ve realized that I haven’t properly introduced myself so here’s what this post is about! First of all, my name is Kelli and I’m currently 20 years old. I have 10 facts about myself listed below!
1. I am a college student in Tennessee.
2. I love to travel! Every year I usually go to Michigan and Florida for vacation. I would love to travel to more places (as long as I don’t go alone.) Below is a random picture from when I was in Panama City Beach, Florida.
3. I love Harry Potter. I have always loved Harry Potter for as long as I can remember. Last May I actually got to go to the Harry Potter World.. Picture below.
4. I do a variety of things. I love to read, but I also like to play sports. I also like playing video games too. My favorite ones to play are Pokemon, Harry Potter, COD: Ghosts, and The Last of Us.
5. I’m a really shy person until I get to know you. My best friend says that I’m like a completely different person then. I can be very outgoing when I’m comfortable around the people I’m with.
6. I’ve lived in Tennessee my whole life though I am open to moving to a different state if need be for a job. Hopefully if I do move, one of my sisters will be able to come with me.
7. I’m very picky in who I date. I can’t make myself go on a date with someone whom I don’t feel any connection with or I don’t think I could ever feel any connection with.
8. I have 4 siblings, a niece, and a nephew. Sibling wise, I have a little brother and 3 older sisters. My niece and nephew are from one of my older sisters.
9. I have a retainer and I hate it. I’ve had it for years. My teeth would have been straight already if I hadn’t lost/broke 2 retainers already.
10. I have a YouTube channel! My first ever post was actually just about my YouTube channel. I don’t upload much (I’m going to try to get better but I’m just so busy) but you should check it out. I’m going to try to upload a lot more often. It’s just the time to take editing is what hinders me from doing so.
So far I’ve been zip lining and rock climbing with some friends and I’ve got to say, it was awesome! My favorite was zip lining, which is weird because I hate heights! (ps. this is me fixing to rock climb.)
2. Make tie-dye shirts
It can be time consuming but it’s worth it. Well, worth it if you like tie-dye stuff. I have 2 tie-dye shirts and a hat.
3. Ride around singing your heart out
My friends and I are always riding around on backroads singing to music at the top of our lungs.
4. Go camping/hiking
Sadly, I haven’t gotten to go camping yet! No one’s schedules have been open enough to spend the night somewhere, but hopefully I will be able to sometime soon! Hiking is always a fun thing to do, especially if you love nature.
5. Play some sport
I’ve always been a sports kind of person. So I love getting out in the sun and playing some sport with my friends – whether it be basketball, soccer, football, etc.
6. Go to a trampoline park
If a trampoline park is “for kids” then I am a kid.
Is there really something that needs to be said about this? I mean, it’s bowling. Who doesn’t like to bowl?
Hello! My name is Kelli Young, and I am a personal blogger. I like to post a wide variety of things on my blog. It could be from my travels, favorite recipes, my bucket list, YouTube channel, something Harry Potter related, and much more!